Stovetop Mushroom Turnover Recipe
Easy vegetarian recipe of mushroom turnovers that can be given to kids in tiffins, or as an evening or party snack. Super yummy for grownups too.
- 200 gms / 1 packet mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 2 small onions (finely sliced)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 6 slices of brown bread
- Salt to taste
- Homemade Ghee (or butter)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Heat a pan and add olive oil.
- Add chopped garlic, sauté for a few seconds, and then add chopped onions.
- Sauté on medium heat for 2-3 minutes and then add sliced mushrooms.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes till all the water released from mushrooms evaporates.
- Add salt, mix well, and then transfer the filling to a bowl.
- Cut the edges of all bread slices and then flatten the slices using a rolling pin.
- Place a spoonful of mushroom stuffing in the center.
- Apply some water on the edges of the bread using your fingers.
- Pick up each corner and bring it to the center forming a small squarish pocket.
- Pour a little ghee or butter on a non-stick flat pan, and place the turnover upside down (with the corners-side on the pan). This will ensure that once cooked from this side, the turnover will remain closed.
- Before flipping this turnover to the other side, add some more ghee or butter on the pan.
- Cook all the turnovers on both sides and leave them on the pan for a few minutes to ensure they become crunchy.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.