KWAHU PROFESSIONAL NETWORK
PRESS RELEASE: FLUSH OUT FULANI HERDSMEN FROM KWAHU 31/10/2017
1. Members of the Kwahu Professionals Network (KPN), an association of young Kwahu Professionals, have noted with great concern, the recent mayhem being perpetrated on the peace-loving and law-abiding people of Kwahu by Fulani Herdsmen and, therefore, call on government and the security agencies to arrest the situation immediately.
2. We condemn in no uncertain terms, the deadly attacks on our innocent people, as well as the highly provocative invitation by these herdsmen to engage in a battle that could have the potential of leading to more deaths and destruction. We believe their agenda is to put fear in our people and cause them to flee and leave their legitimately occupied lands and farms for them to carry out their primitive nomadic activities.
3. We acknowledge the efforts being made by the Kwahuhene, Daasebre Akuamoah Agyapong II, and the Minister of State & Member of Parliament for the Abetifi Constituency, Hon. Bryan Acheampong, in finding lasting solutions to this challenge. We call on other chiefs and leaders who have vested interest in the activities of these herdsmen to be cautious of the fact that, as Kwahus, we have a communal responsibility to protect one another, as well as our collective interest, instead of pursuing our selfish interest to the detriment of others. The hour has come to prove to the world that we are one people and so any attack could lead to reprisal.
4. We particularly call on Government to deploy a combined team of Police and Military to flush out these criminally minded individuals, who only care about their activities and are ready to destroy to protect their own. We have no business with them and do not invite them on our lands. Their actions cannot be contained any longer, and the only solution is for them to move out of our lands.
5. We use this occasion to call on all Kwahus, Civil Societies and other interest groups to respond to the call to support the fight against this menace. We even believe the time has come for Government to lead a spirited fight to end this practice, just like the fight against galamsey. We are a very peaceful society but will not sit down and allow anyone to destroy us and our economic
6. Finally, we urge our people in the areas under attack to remain calm while the Kwahuhene and political leaders find a lasting solution to this menace.
For Press Engagement,
Kindly contact Obouba Davis Opoku Ansah on 0244861593