Ways of preventing vaginal odour
A lot of women get embarassed when this topic is raised. They don’t want to talk about it because they feel embarrsed talking about it to any one and turn to use product or do things that even worsen their case. Here are some tips on preventing ”vaginal odour”
1. Stop using fragrant body washes and soaps
Make sure you aren’t putting any soap too close to your vagina. You can use soap to clean your pubic hair, but try to keep it away from your vagina. Soap of any kind can throw off the delicate balance of your body
2. Avoid using douches to clean your vaginal area.
Douching can alter the balance of healthy bacteria in your vagina, causing other bacteria to grow and create a foul vaginal odor.
3. Avoid foods that contain a lot of sugar and yeast. Foods such as bread and beer contain yeast, and the sugar in other foods turns into yeast. These foods can increase the amount of yeast in your vagina, causing a yeast infection.
4. Stop taking really hot baths or showers.
This can kill your body’s natural bacteria. Try taking warm baths or showers to see if it helps reduce your vaginal odor.
5. Avoid pads and panty liners outside of your period.
You want vaginal discharge to be wicked away from your body, not held close next to it by items like panty liners and pads.
6. Wear cotton underwear.
Panty hose and any synthetic material will block some air flow to the area. Loose cotton garments will give the region more ventilation, which will help get rid of vaginal odor over time